Now that the contract is sent and cover art request forms have arrived, I believe it's safe to make the announcement. I am pleased to inform you I have a novella accepted by Ellora's Cave Publishing for their upcoming Geekgasm line. My story, to be called Busted!, will be released digitally in January, 2015.

You may be thinking, Back up the truck - Ellora's Cave is an erotic romance house. You don't write the sexy.

I don't? You didn't think Rock Deadly was sexy? Eh.

Yes, Ellora's Cave makes the bacon on sexy romances. I've read many of their books, and when All Romance has a rebate sale I pack my Kindle. Did you know, though, that EC also sells sweeter romances? Their Blush imprint offers stories that, while not explicit, serve up great characters and romance. I love their Regencies and other historical romances. Busted! is a sweeter story, one I hope you'll pick up with the other geek heroes next year.

So what's it about? In sum, a Doctor, a Leaper, and a Ghostbuster walk into a sci-fi convention...

I won't give away the whole story just yet. I need to sell books for one, but I can tell you the above fandoms are well represented. The idea for a romance set at a sci-fi con came to me after I attended one, where a troupe that performs a shadow-cast of Ghostbusters was scheduled for a midnight show. Ghostbusters is one of my favorite movies. Of. All. Time. It comes on TV and to hell with productivity. I even watched it on the plane going to Sicily the other week. When it's re-released in theaters this summer for the 30th anniversary I'm going. Wanna fight about it? Anyway, I love the movie and I loved Quantum Leap back in the day. I used to postpone dates to watch the show. I'm getting into early Who now, so I thought why not combine the three for a geek-tastic story?

Well, something worked, because a big pub wanted it. Woo hoo.

It's a tad bittersweet to note, too, I had finished the first draft when I learned Harold Ramis passed away. He was one of the architects of 80s comedy. Ghostbusters, Caddyshack, Stripes... I could quote them in my sleep. Busted! will be dedicated to his memory, because if I hadn't seen those people cosplaying Gozer and the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man in a New Jersey hotel I wouldn't have this story. Those people wouldn't have reason to cosplay without Harold.

Come back later for more news. I'm already planning a follow-up story along a similar theme.